Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Laundry Chute

OK, so it's not really a chute per se, but ever since I saw a laundry chute in the Wolfwood 5er (Hi Judy and Kathy!) I wanted to come up with something clever for stowing laundry in our new camper.  And wouldn't you know, there's a spot that was perfect for a pretty simple mod...
 inside Theo's closet!

I didn't snag a "before" photo, but the same false panel from below extended to the upper framed opening as well.  So I popped it out, cut it to size and put it back in, covering just the lower section that is visible when the door is closed.  When it is open it reveals the opening that now goes into the strorage hatch that is accessible from the outside. 

 Here's a view from inside the storage hatch.  And as luck would have it, I found a folding bin at the Christmas Tree Shop that fits the space perfectly!  The bin folds up when not in use, which is perfect since this is the space that the Weber Q rides in during travel.